8307 Arden Dr
Salisbury MD 21804
Office: 410-858-4775 x111
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date of Birth: February 22, 1969
Kevin Justice was born in 1969 in the small Eastern Shore City of Salisbury, Maryland. He is the eldest of three boys and did not think of leaving Salisbury until he was ready to enter college. He attended the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, which was a giant leap from Salisbury. He thinks the move was worth the risk. While at IIT, Kevin built upon his considerable knowledge of and talent for computer science.
Kevin discovered his love of all things technical at a very early age. Because he was curious about computers his father brought home for work, Kevin taught himself the BASIC computer programming language so he could try out his own programs. He was 12 years old. His father was very supportive and was a major influence in his life.
In 1988, while living in Chicago, Kevin began his first computer related job working for the First Chicago Bank. He developed an integration platform for the bank. From that first job, his career took off. Kevin has held IT leadership roles in several companies including Casio, Weichert Realtors, HFS and Glitterwrap. At Casio, Kevin was responsible for building their first e-commerce site which handled $7 million in sales in the first 6 months of operation. At Glitterwrap, Kevin architected and implemented a warehouse management system including real-time inventory tracking with RF enabled equipment. Kevin was co-owner of Dynamic Communities and was responsible for the operations of the company. He implemented many web-based technologies to support the world-wide user base of the company and lead the efforts to provide regional and international events, training seminars and expos.
As Kevin’s family grew, he knew that he wanted his children to have the experience of growing up in a small city atmosphere around extended family. He moved his family back to Salisbury, MD., where Kevin’s family still lived.
Presently, Kevin is the owner and CEO of Matice LLC. This includes Matice Interactive. Matice Interactive is a Marketing, PR and Advertising Agency in Salisbury Maryland. MI specializes in websites that combine function with design. Kevin has a broad range of responsibilities running the organization ranging from operations to sales. The reason he entered this business was his expertise in a wide variety of technologies that relate to building websites that actually perform a function.
Kevin has propelled his team at Matice Interactive to implement many new websites for a variety of customers. Some of those clients are: Apartmentsmart, Southern Boys Concepts, Tails-N-Tubs, McCready’s Chesapeake Cove, and RDI Wire. Kevin is actively involved in the daily development functions for several new websites. Shore Transit, HCTC and the Tri County Council are just some of the businesses that are in the development stages, with the new websites close to completion.
Community involvement is very important to Kevin. Because of his belief in giving back, Kevin earnestly volunteers in the community. He provides technical expertise to several non-profit organizations. He is a board member of the Art Institute and Gallery in Salisbury and also sits on the board of the Maryland Broadband Cooperative Planning Initiative. Kevin donated his time to implement a new website for the non-profit group Urban Salisbury. Kevin also donates his time to provide training classes to the community at large on topics ranging from basic marketing to specific web technologies.
Kevin acknowledges that his most challenging job is to minimize the impact of our present economic reality, balancing the rollercoaster highs and lows associated with running a new business. He loves his role in his company and eagerly looks forward to new challenges every day.
Technical & Engineering
Interpersonal Communication Skills
Networking & Infrastructure
Simply put, Matice Interactive is THE BEST Interactive Design firm to create a world class solution. We approach projects differently than most. We believe that to be successful in any single effort, you must be aware of the larger ecosphere of your business and how that incorporates into a project of this nature. A true solution will be one that begins by understanding your business objectives, constraints, capabilities and even dreams.
Matice Interactive has the full ability to accomplish a wide set of objectives and capabilities. A different approach is not enough. Our core beliefs are that your website impact your business at all levels, that successful efforts must be cross-functional and that a product is not a solution unto itself.
Matice Interactive is an Interactive Design studio. We have resources ranging from graphic designers to advanced programmers, from language specialists and translators to project managers. Most importantly, we have staff that can quickly understand all aspects of your business and incorporate that into a true solution.
Matice Interactive is built from experts in their field with an impressive track record of success. Our core group has an astounding combined 95 years of technology and design experience and one of our key strengths is our ability to scale through partnerships with industry experts. Our success is based on our breadth and depth of expertise across all business facets. From our graphic designers to our language translators, we all care about giving you the best.
Complete Branding Solutions for
· Synergy Practice Solutions, Salisbury MD
· Maryland Capital Enterprises, Salisbury MD
· SimpleEvals.com Salisbury MD
Web Design & Development
· Southern Boys Concepts (Sobo’s, Boonies, Specific Gravity, The Red Roost), Eastern Shore MD
· Shore Transit, Salisbury MD
· Azar Eye Institute, Salisbury MD
· Fusion Dental Group, Reston VA
· The Tri County Council of the Lower Eastern Shore, Snow Hill, MD
· Chesapeake Cove Assisted Living, Crisfield, MD
· Apartmentsmart, Salisbury MD
· Adrenaline High, Salisbury MD
· Thai Trade Center, New York, NY
· Specialty Linens, Spokane WA
And Many More…
Matice Smart Business evolved as the clients from Matice Interactive needed business consulting that included more than just Marketing, Advertising and PR. Matice Smart Business provides a range of services from business strategy and start-up business consulting to project management. Recent projects include the development and writing of all low-voltage RFP’s for the Tri-County Council LES for their new facility and providing full business consulting for the start-up Listing Central.
Matice Solutions came about because of Matice’s strong technology background. Matice Solutions is a full technology outsourcing company capable of providing all services that an IT department and any subcontractors would in order to not only maintain a company’s technology infrastructure but also develop and enhance it to keep up with current standards.
Matice has also used their expertise to launch 2 products, SimpleEvals.com which is a performance evaluation system and jCRUD.com, a technology platform allowing web developers to bypass the middleware necessary for connecting to databases.
Art Institute & Gallery
Board of Directors (2010-current)
Vice President (2010-2011)
Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce
Chair of Technology Committee (2010-current)
2012 US Accreditation – Technology Chair (2011-2012)
Maryland Planning Committee Member (2011-current)
Active Member (2010-2011)
2011 Lower Shore Visioning Committee
Chair of Technology Committee (2011)
The Basics of Branding, 2 hour course on corporate branding and identity
Held at the Salisbury Chamber, co-sponsored by Maryland Capital Enterprises and the Small Business Development Center
IT Tech Forum Fall 2010, Emcee
Held at the Salisbury Chamber
IT Tech Forum, Backups & Viruses Spring 2011, Emcee
Cloud Computing, 1 hour course
Held at Salisbury University to Juniors of the Computer Science Department
The Basics of Search Engine Optimization, 2 hours course, Co-instructor with Ira Wolfe
May 2011, Held at the Salisbury Chamber, co-sponsored by Maryland Capital Enterprises and the Small Business Development Center
August 2011, Held at the Wor-Wic Community College
· Great Clue Caper benefit for the Village of Hope, Salisbury MD, lead teams in 2010, 2011
· Photography Show Sponsor, Art Institute & Gallery, Salisbury MD, 2011
· Women Supporting Women Walk, Salisbury MD, 2010, 2011
· Art Institute & Gallery, Salisbury MD – Website Development, Marketing, Business Leadership
· Salisbury Festival, Salisbury MD – Logo, Website Development, Marketing
· Urban Salisbury, Salisbury MD – Website Development
· Salisbury Roller Girls, Salisbury MD – Website Hosting
BSAST, Electrical Engineering - Thomas Edison State College (2000)
General Studies, Business Administration – Cardinal Stritch College (1993-1995)
General Studies - University of Chicago (1991-1992)
Undergrad Studies, Electrical Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology (1987-1990)
General Studies – Salisbury University (1986-1987)
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5-2008 R2, Microsoft LAN Manager (Certified), Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0-20010, Microsoft RAS/VPN, Microsoft IIS 3.0-7.5, Microsoft SQL Server 4.2-2008, Microsoft Proxy, Checkpoint Firewall 1, Red Hat Linux, Cobalt, Imail, Post.Office, WhatsUP, Microsoft DNS, Microsoft DHCP
Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Team Manager, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, Vista, MS DOS, Linux
Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Corel Photoshop, Microsoft Visio
A+ Certification, 3Com, Cabletron, Cisco, Cobalt, Compaq, Dell, Hewlett Packard, IBM, NEC, NETFRAME
Ethernet, Token Ring, ISDN, FDDI/Fiber, Fractional & Full TI, T3, Sonet OCI, Frame Relay, TCP/IP, IPX, NetBIOS, Netbeui
· Designed and implemented a complete warehouse management system to provide bin level inventory control and utilize RF terminals for order fulfilment and inventory management which has led to an inventory accuracy increase of at least 5%. (Glitterwrap, Inc., 2003)
· Lead a previously derailed software customization project to a successful implementation within 4 months, including additional enhancements and systems to fully support all manufacturing, distribution, purchasing, sales, and accounting functions. (Glitterwrap, Inc., 2002)
· Managed redevelopment of Casio.com e-commerce site that resulted in an increase of yearly Internet based revenue from $4MM to $7MM. Personally handled MS SQL 7/2000 database design and Cold Fusion system architecture. (Casio, Inc., 2000)
· Designed and implemented a redundant self-healing web farm including network layer load balancing utilizing Cisco and Alteon switches, and firewall and VPN services. (Casio, Inc., 2000)
· Designed web-based application to streamline marketing operations. Proposed solution to executive committee and transferred project to new MIS Director. Estimated minimal potential staff savings at $200,000 per year with an ROI of less than 8 months. (Weichert Realtors, 1998)
· Designed an automated corporate management system linking PC data to AS/400 data store. Analysed operations to determine areas of workflow inconsistency. Lead programmers to implement project. Reduced licensing case turnaround by 80%. (Weichert Realtors, 1998)
· Created Systematic Inventory Management System using dbase and SAS. Linked PC database with mainframe inventory systems. Provided daily statistical information on accuracy of warehouse. Reduced inventory analysis time by 75%. (Newark Electronics, 1992)
VP – Provide business strategy for financial solvency and growth to Atlantic Techs (owned by Todd Justice). Provide project management and custom application development to supplement the existing staff.
COO – Developed various websites to support online communities. Planned and execute large scale events and trade shows (5000 attendees).
Director of IT – Lead previously derailed development and customization efforts for implementation of MS Axapta replacing 80% of all software in company. Enhanced all applications to support WAN capabilities. Brought second remote distribution facility on-line in 45 days with full functionality including a new Symbol RF Picking system and automated shipment systems. Integrated high-speed labelling operations into current applications. Developed applications to streamline EDI processing (VB/SQL). Continuously lead efforts to streamline warehouse functions.
· Network Services – Network Design & Implementation, Maintenance, Premise Wiring, Monitoring, Security Implementation
· Application Services – Custom Development, Database Design, System Integration
· Web Services – Website Design, Animation Design, Website Marketing, Email Marketing
· Hosting Services – Website Hosting, Corporate Email, Application Hosting
· Tri-Tech Environmental Engineering - Full Service Provider (Networking, Application, Internet, Web, Help Desk Services)
· First Call For Help - Full Service Provider (Networking, Internet, Web, Application, Help Desk Services)
· Princeton Ave Toolworks - Full Service Provider (Networking, Internet, Web, Application, Help Desk Services)
· Homeless Solutions - Network Installation and Maintenance, Premise Wiring, Help Desk
· United Way of Morris County - Application Development and Network Services
· Oasys Corporation - Internet Design
· Cablenet Corp. - Internet Design
· DGR Company - Internet Hosting, Network Consulting
· Bella Lu Home Furnishings - Internet Hosting
· Morris 2000 - Network Installation and Maintenance
· Casio, Inc. - DNS Internet Services
· Labe Federal Savings - Network Consulting
· Printing Industry of Wisconsin - Network Services & Help Desk
· First Security Credit Union - Network & Security Consulting
· Aquarius Graphics – Internet Design
· Parchment Printing – Network Consulting & Help Desk Services
· First Call For Help Network – With tight budget constraints, I designed and implemented a LAN that provided internet, email, and shared application and file access. Backup and security measures were implemented and maintenance is done remotely.
· www.Firstcall.org – This multifaceted website is designed to import data from a third-party software package and publish new data on a daily basis to their website. The application was developed in Visual Basic, Cold Fusion, MS Access, and MS SQL and is being hosted by my facility.
· Homeless Solutions – This non-profit agency needed a reliable network but do not maintain technical expertise for its maintenance. A Windows NT server solution was implemented as the basis of a multi-building LAN which included all wiring and network equipment.
· First Security Credit Union - At a critical point in their technology decisions, I provided them network design recommendations that took into account all of their security concerns.
· Tri-Tech Environmental Engineering – Their entire network was crippled by the NIMDA virus and it was urgent that they get up and running. I developed a routine to clean every machine and transfer it to a clean network. They were operational within 24 hours. On a separate occasion, their DSL provider went out of business. I configured their network with redundant but cost effective (<$100/mo) internet links to insure connectivity which is critical for their business.
Director of Internet Marketing & Commerce
Create strategy for direct commerce model and optimization of web properties. Designed custom e-commerce engine scalable to 60 times current sales model. Completely redesigned casio.com site to support commerce strategy.
· Corporate Internet Strategy – Developed redesigned direct commerce selling model and supporting sales strategies to increase direct sales while protecting traditional channel sales model.
· Internet Technologies – Designed fault tolerant web serving facility for outsourced hosting providing multiple server fail-over and growth for an estimated 10 times instantaneous traffic growth.
· E-Commerce – Designed and lead development of a custom e-commerce engine based in Cold Fusion and Microsoft SQL to support all on-line and off-line direct selling efforts.
· Internet Marketing – Developed and lead implementation of multi-faceted marketing plans to increase traffic to the Casio properties, including but not limited to search engine optimization, e-mail advertising, banner advertising, print advertising, affiliate advertising, and affiliate traffic sharing.
· Sales Operations – Lead the direct sales department that services 500+ calls per day ranging from new orders, order status, and refunds/exchanges. Maintained a 98% call-pickup.
· B2B Business Planning – Developed business strategies for entry into Business to Business marketplace in both vertical markets and retail channels.
· Vendor Management – Managed contracts totalling $2.5MM with creative agencies, advertising agencies, and hosting organizations.
· IT Infrastructure Consulting – Assisted IT department to redesign internal network infrastructure supporting enhanced email and internet connectivity. Implemented secured, direct access to the internet for the internet team to access development servers.
· Designed and automated direct sales order processing system transferring order data to PIC system RS6000 fulfilment system. Reduced order processing time by 50%.
· Increased sales from $4MM in fiscal 1999 to $3MM in just the first half of fiscal 2000. Planned growth of 67% for the fiscal year limited only by product availability.
Director of IT, Weichert Relocation (1998-1999)
Oversee restructuring scheme for all Informational Technology functions. Realign development effort of large-scale cross-platform system. Consolidated company-wide IT staff for increased support and decreased staff costs. Develop and implement IT strategy.
· E-Commerce/Internet Technologies – Designed and lead development of corporate marketing website (www.wrci.com). Designed multi-phase strategy to implement an extranet application allowing client access to corporate data stores.
· Year 2000 Development – Lead Y2k development efforts in JD Edwards World accounting system on AS/400 platform.
· Client Server Development – Refocused development team to produce 3 deliverable versions within 9 months after a 2 year track of having no deliverable product.
· Staffing and Staff Development – Sourced and hired 14 staff members to increase development and operations capacity. Implemented training and certification programs for staff resulting in the certification of 50% of staff in a 12 month period.
· Business Planning - Developed corporate IT strategy to coordinate Y2k efforts, Internet and Extranet development, and multi-client application development within allotted budget.
· Designed and automated corporate management system linking PC data to AS/400 data store. Analysed operations to determine areas of workflow inconsistency. Directed programmers to implement project. Reduced case turnaround by 80%.
· Formulated consolidation of network and support operations to expand operations corporate wide while reducing overall staffing costs by $100k per year.
Director of Business Applications (1997-1998)
Responsible for long term technology planning and business process re-engineering with primary goal of decreasing costs and increasing cross-divisional selling efforts.
· Business Analysis – Analysed business model and detailed business processes and developed short and long term IT strategy to reduce redundancy.
· Project Management - Managed team of developers to design, develop, test, and deploy company wide client/server applications utilizing SQL database in combination with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic.
· LAN/WAN Development - Designed and constructed a Windows NT based network that linked corporate AS/400 systems to the user network.
· Contractor Management – Oversaw several contractors in the implementation and update of client server and web-based applications including www.weichert.com.
· Reviewed sales and market operations. Prepared technology strategy providing scalable IT platform capable of extending system access tenfold. Increased functionality of applications reducing paperwork 90%.
· Designed web-based application to streamline marketing operations. Proposed solution to executive committee and transferred project to new MIS Director. Estimated minimal potential staff savings at $200,000 per year with an ROI of less than 8 months.
Manager, Technical Solutions Group
Responsible for management of the Client Services department with a focus on managing mid-scale projects, providing 24x7 client support on installed systems, developing client business, and providing internal support for the entire organization.
· External Project Management - Managed diverse teams including project managers and various levels of engineers responsible for full cycle systems integration and network implementation at client sites.
· Internal Project Management - Managed redesign of large Lotus Notes databases into Microsoft SQL and Visual Basic as well as other infrastructure projects.
· Business Planning - Developed corporate vision for growing department that encompassed developments in product offering and increased sales growth. Created department budget and implemented new corporate-wide planning standards. Tripled department project revenue within 6 months.
· Business Development - Responsible for creating new business growth opportunities and performing pre-implementation analysis involving ROI studies, revenue forecasting, and budget implication studies.
Major accomplishment: Conceived shifts in departmental focus to tap previously un-serviced market area in development and network projects. Published recommendations to executive staff and implemented marketing plans for new service. Resulted in 300% divisional revenue increase.
MIS Manager - HFS (1995-1996)
Responsible for management and direction of the MIS Operations department including an MIS Purchasing department, LAN/WAN Operations staff, a 24x7 Help Desk and Client-Server Development team while reporting to the Vice President of MIS Operations and Vice President of Broker Relations. Responsibilities include international support of 10,000 franchisees, 40 regional offices, 7 divisional offices, 3 corporate offices, 7 data centers and 5,000 users.
· Project Management - Managed design, development, testing, and deployment of company wide client/server applications utilizing SQL database in combination with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic.
· LAN/WAN Development - Designed and constructed a prototype Windows NT based network and managed the implementation of the prototype throughout 40 corporate sites at HFS supporting 5,000 users. Updated Microsoft Mail network to Microsoft standards for optimized performance of 50 post office network.
· Corporate Business Planning - Evaluated new technologies for implementation within the company to decrease costs and increase service capabilities. Prepared and executed annual $20MM MIS budget and business plan.
· Contract Management - Managed large MIS contractor with resources throughout 20 locations and a total staff of 150 supporting operations at remote sites.
Major accomplishment: Managed conversion of 150 person support infrastructure from outsourced to in-house staff.
MIS Manager – Century 21 (1995)
Responsible for management and direction of the MIS Operations department including an LAN/WAN Operations, a Help Desk and Client-Server Development team while reporting to the Century 21 Director of MIS. Responsibilities include nationwide support of 5,000 franchisees, 30 regional offices, 7 divisional offices, 2 corporate offices, and 2,000 users.
· Project Management - Managed conversion of client-server application to support new corporate deployment including design changes, coding utilizing SQL database in combination with MS Access and Visual Basic.
· LAN/WAN Deployment - Directed the acquisition of systems from locations that were eliminated and managed deployment and reconfiguration of 30 LANs supporting 2,000 employees.
· Corporate Restructure Management - Assisted corporate management in plans to restructure Century 21. Proposed organizational configurations that would streamline operations.
Major accomplishment: Designed Wide Area Network infrastructure to support expected business growth. Coordinated divisions to implement design and supervised divisional installation. Improved support by 100%.
MIS Manager – Century 21 North Central Division (1993-1995)
Responsible for directing the MIS department including a LAN/WAN Administrator, Help Desk staff, and Client-Server Development staff. Responsibilities include divisional support of 700 franchisees, 5 regional offices, 1 divisional office, and 150 users.
· Project Management - Facilitated development of nationwide client-server applications utilizing SQL databases with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic. Provided optimization strategies for database normalization of SQL databases. Managed full phase development of workgroup applications Visual Basic.
· LAN/WAN Implementation & Upgrade Management- Designed and implemented 6 client-server networks with Microsoft LAN Manager and Microsoft Mail to support 150 users. Managed conversion of LAN Manager Servers to Windows NT.
· Programming/Application Development - Designed applications including production and financial analysis systems, a contract management system, and database management utilities.
Major accomplishment: Designed and developed a streamlined accounts receivable process reducing staffing requirements by 50% and reducing month-end processing by 30%.
Market Research Analyst/LAN Administrator (1992-1993)
Responsible for developing corporate marketing and inventory strategies for the semiconductor components industry. Also responsible for management of a 10 node Novel 1.2 LAN.
Major accomplishment: Implemented network and converted systems to Windows 3.1.
Inventory Control Analyst (1990-1992)
Responsible for measuring and correcting inventory inaccuracies for warehouses. Developed foreign weigh-bill printing and tracking system for export operations. Installed system at all warehouses and trained users.
· Created Systematic Inventory Management System. Linked PC database with mainframe inventory backing warehouse. Provided daily statistical information on accuracy of warehouse. Reduced inventory analysis time by 75%.
· Observed established operations of International Shipping department. Formulated system to automate all paperwork. Created application and instituted staff cuts of 75% saving over $70,000 per year.
Instructor & Teaching Assistant Manager
Instructed engineering applications course while managing 35 teaching assistants and created case analysis problems.
John Donegan III, Technical Services Director, Tri County Council, Customer. JDonegan@tcclesmd.org
Ira Wolfe, CEO, Success Performance Solutions, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Preolo, prior Director of Operations, Glitterwrap, Inc. Co-worker. Home (NJ): (201) 930-9868.
Mark Pitoniak, Personal Reference. Home (Salisbury MD): (443) 859-8528
David Layfield, CEO, DLA Associates/Apartmentsmart.com. Customer. Office (Salisbury MD): (410) 334-3671.